The innovative Bridging The Gap Programme builds on the business case for Diversity and Inclusion (Diversity Matters, McKinsey 2016; Inclusive Leadership, Deloitte Consulting 2016). It is designed for senior leaders, managers and supervisors, under four independent learning modules and objectives:
Module 1: Developing cultural competency at the leadership level – 30th January 2019, 9:30am -1pm
- Improve understanding of the distinction between diversity, equality, equity and inclusion.
- Explore key attitudes, skills and knowledge required for intercultural competency.
- Reflect on and assessed own and organisation’s level of cultural competency.
- Receive critical feedback from peers on action planning.
- Start planning for change
Module 2: Understanding Bristol’s diverse communities, groups and subcultures – 28th February 2019, 9:30am -1pm
- Gain an understanding of how simple gestures or mannerism can be misinterpreted.
- Attain a greater understanding of religion and culture.
- Improve understanding of the lifestyle of young people
- Acquire basic information on how to support young people of ethnic minority and LGBT+ background.
Module 3: Reaching young audience (recruitment channels and marketing tactics) – 21st March 2019, 9:30am -1pm
- Gain an understanding of the basics of community outreach.
- Gain an understanding of how to reach young people through marketing
- Develop a targeted outreach and engagement plan.
Module 4: Engaging with young people (nurturing talent at the workplace) – 16th April 2019, 9:30am-1pm
- Improve understanding of the rules of engagement when working with your people: in particular with reference to attitudes, skills and knowledge.
- Improve understanding of key learning and communications styles.
- Develop an engagement plan.