become a youth ambassador
Get Ready For Work
As a Babbasa Youth Ambassador, you’ll be given the tools to pitch your talent to the right people, at the right time, all while making a positive impact in your community!
CITY OF change
Youth Ambassadors were given the challenge of launching a new campaign in October 2020, City Of Change: Youth Challenge, in response to Babbasa’s #BridgeToEquality report. The team of nine young leaders asked 30 businesses to create a career opportunity for one young person from a lower socio-economic or minority background in the next 12 months.
You can learn more here!
Who’s It For?
Young people aged 16-25 who are:
- Ambitious but come from underrepresented communities (e.g. black and minority ethnic, women, disabled and young people in care),
- Talented but lack the support networks to thrive, or
- Are enterprising but are looking to develop their commercial awareness or soft skills e.g. problem solving, teamwork, and time management.
What Type Of Support Do I Get?
Structured support with:
- A soft skills course.
- Group experiential challenge to network and build enterprise skills, and
- 1:1 mentoring with professionals in your chosen industry.
When Can I Get Support?
- Join the programme in January, March, June, September or October.
- Register your interest and we’ll be in touch within 48 hours.
How Can I Support This Programme?
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Refer a friend or young person who might need support.
- Offer work tasters, fund a participant, or become a corporate sponsor.
- Register as an industry mentor, or lead a learning experience.
Need Something Else?
Check out our Support or Placement programmes, or email Millie, our Challenge Programme Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about her experience by clicking here.