become a youth ambassador
Get Ready For Work
As a Babbasa Youth Ambassador, you’ll be given the tools to pitch your talent to the right people, at the right time, all while making a positive impact in your community!
We’re recruiting Youth Ambassadors for our next major event, starting in Autumn 2020.
our latest event
Youth Ambassadors are given the challenge of organising an event which empowers young people in their community. Our most recent event, Our Bristol, Our World was all about giving young people from across Bristol a voice, so they could tell city leaders what they want the future of our city to look like.
You can see some of the event highlights below!
Who’s It For?
Young people aged 16-25 who are:
- Ambitious but come from underrepresented communities (e.g. black and minority ethnic, women, disabled and young people in care),
- Talented but lack the support networks to thrive, or
- Are enterprising but are looking to develop their commercial awareness or soft skills e.g. problem solving, teamwork, and time management.
What Type Of Support Do I Get?
Structured support with:
- A soft skills course.
- Group experiential challenge to network and build enterprise skills, and
- 1:1 mentoring with professionals in your chosen industry.
When Can I Get Support?
- Join the programme in January, March, June, September or October.
- Register your interest and we’ll be in touch within 48 hours.
How Can I Support This Programme?
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Refer a friend or young person who might need support.
- Offer work tasters, fund a participant, or become a corporate sponsor.
- Register as an industry mentor, or lead a learning experience.