– Virtual Internship Opportunity – Paid – 9th to 13th August
Are you a good communicator? Are you a forward thinker that can be objective when judging different situations? Are you a people person?
As part of the Sun Life one-week Human Resources (HR) Internship, you’ll be working with their team that are responsible for managing employee’s time at the company, starting from hiring of someone into a role and finishing when they leave. At Sun Life, employees have always been thought of as the most important part of the business and so HR’s aim is to make sure the work place provides a safe, supportive and stimulating environment that allows individuals to thrive.
During this time you’ll be:
- Learning what the team are responsible for including salary and benefits, recruitment, employee relations and training.
- Understanding how employment law translates into employee policies and procedures.
- Researching current issues affecting similar organisations such as returning to the office following the pandemic.
- Investigating upcoming changes in employment law and think about how they may affect Sun Life.
- Joining and participating in meetings including the HR team meeting
Sun Life UK are the UK Pensions and Life Insurance addition of Sun Life Financial. Sun Life UK employ approximately 100 people who manage the company’s 500,000 customers and investments of around £13 billion. And after a successful virtual internship programme in 2020, they are offering more opportunities this summer, with an aim of increasing diversity in the industry!
Company laptops will be provided on loan for the duration of the placement, access to a secure home working location is essential. Although access to good broadband would be ideal, if you’re successful but don’t have good broadband, alternatives can be arranged.
To apply, please confirm to our Placement Lead Husnaa at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a CV and a covering letter with short paragraphs on the following:
• Why you are interested in the placement?
• What skills you already have to help you with this placement?
• What you would like to achieve during the placement?
Successful candidates will be notified within 48 hours of the interview and essential paperwork such as the signing of a non-disclosure agreement regarding confidential business information.
Hours: 35 hours (with the possibility of some work required outside of normal working hours) from the 9th – 13th August
Salary: National Living Wage (over 25 rate) of £8.91 plus up to £50 discretionary performance related bonus.
Deadline: 18th June 2021
If you’re new to Babbasa register here and our Outreach and Engagement Lead, Pravanya will be in touch about our placement programme.
If you’re already registered to Babbasa, please fill in this form to register onto the placement programme.