Virtual Internship Opportunity – Paid – 9th to 13th August
Are you interested in the fast moving world of technology? Do you consider yourself to be technically savvy and innovative? Do you have excellent communication skills?
As part of Sun Life’s one-week IT and Cyber Security Internship, you’ll be working with their team that provide a broad and full range of support to the business in all Information Technology, Information security and Business matters.
During this time you’ll be:
- Learning what the team are responsible for including the day to day activity such as building and deploying IT assets, supporting the business on IT and Security matters, and managing suppliers contracts and services.
- Understanding what and how IT disaster recovery plans are created and how they played out in reality when faced with the Covid pandemic.
- Investigating the type of cyber threats affecting the business such as phishing and how these can affect organisations such as Sun Life.
- Learning how the expertise from the team is required in key business projects.
- Joining and participating in meetings that arise.
Sun Life UK are the UK Pensions and Life Insurance addition of Sun Life Financial. Sun Life UK employ approximately 100 people who manage the company’s 500,000 customers and investments of around £13 billion. And after a successful virtual internship programme in 2020, they are offering more opportunities this summer, with an aim of increasing diversity in the industry!
Company laptops will be provided on loan for the duration of the placement, access to a secure home working location is essential. Although access to good broadband would be ideal, if you’re successful but don’t have good broadband, alternatives can be arranged.
To apply, please confirm to our Placement Lead Husnaa at email@example.com Please include a CV and a covering letter with short paragraphs on the following:
• Why you are interested in the placement?
• What skills you already have to help you with this placement?
• What you would like to achieve during the placement?
Successful candidates will be notified within 48 hours of the interview and essential paperwork such as the signing of a non-disclosure agreement regarding confidential business information.
Hours: 35 hours (with the possibility of some work required outside of normal working hours) from the 9th – 13th August
Salary: National Living Wage (over 25 rate) of £8.91 plus up to £50 discretionary performance related bonus.
Deadline: 18th June 2021
If you’re new to Babbasa register here and our Outreach and Engagement Lead, Pravanya will be in touch about our placement programme.
If you’re already registered to Babbasa, please fill in this form to register onto the placement programme.