Virtual Internship Opportunity – Paid – 9th to 13th August
Are you organise and efficient? Do you value attention to detail? Do you enjoy getting involved in a range of tasks?
As part of Sun Life’s one-week Legal Internship, you’ll be working with their team that provides broad advice to all areas of the business to ensure it responds appropriately to the law.
During this time you’ll be:
- Learning what the team are responsible for including the type of advice they are asked for and provide, how legal matters are successfully completed and their
role in Board meetings and writing reports.
- Reviewing legal documents such as Non-Disclosure and Data Protection Agreements to determine when and how they may be used.
- Working with the team on how they can provide assistance with enquiries, claims and complaints from customers.
- Researching current issues affecting financial organisations and consider how they might affect Sun Life.
- Joining and participating in meetings that arise
Sun Life UK are the UK Pensions and Life Insurance addition of Sun Life Financial. Sun Life UK employ approximately 100 people who manage the company’s 500,000 customers and investments of around £13 billion. And after a successful virtual internship programme in 2020, they are offering more opportunities this summer, with an aim of increasing diversity in the industry!
Company laptops will be provided on loan for the duration of the placement, access to a secure home working location is essential. Although access to good broadband would be ideal, if you’re successful but don’t have good broadband, alternatives can be arranged.
To apply, please confirm to our Placement Lead Husnaa at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include a CV and a covering letter with short paragraphs on the following:
• Why you are interested in the placement?
• What skills you already have to help you with this placement?
• What you would like to achieve during the placement?
Successful candidates will be notified within 48 hours of the interview and essential paperwork such as the signing of a non-disclosure agreement regarding confidential business information.
Hours: 35 hours (with the possibility of some work required outside of normal working hours) from the 9th – 13th August
Salary: National Living Wage (over 25 rate) of £8.91 plus up to £50 discretionary performance related bonus.
Deadline: 18th June 2021
If you’re new to Babbasa register here and our Outreach and Engagement Lead, Pravanya will be in touch about our placement programme.
If you’re already registered to Babbasa, please fill in this form to register onto the placement programme.