Placement – Four Months Full Time – Potential for Part Time
Do you have strong communication and numeracy skills? Interest in architecture and the built environment?
Arcadis, Arup, and Mott MacDonald are three engineering and architecture companies who are teaming up with Bristol City Council to deliver new infrastructure, homes and regeneration in the City of Bristol. And together they’re offering the opportunity for some enthusiastic young people paid placements to kickstart their careers in the built environment!
You’ll work with skilled professionals and work on real projects in Bristol which will impact the city for years to come. The built environment includes all the spaces, infrastructures and systems where people live, work and play. There are three paid placements available. One young person will work with Arup, one person will work with Mott McDonald and one person will work with Arcadis. The three people will also come together as a cohort and have regular meetings.
Some projects you can expect to work on include:
- City centre development
- Flood strategy
- Climate change planning
- Housing development and regeneration
- Transport infrastructure
- and community facilities.
You’ll receive regular support and mentoring and check-in sessions with other placements, and access to wider training and learning opportunities.
They are looking for people who are:
- Interested in the built environment, with a desire to influence the spaces, infrastructure, and systems in which people live, work and play
- Studying for or have completed an undergraduate degree or be exploring a Level 4+ Apprenticeship
- Living in Bristol (postcodes BS1 – BS16)
- Strong communicators and collaborators
- Analytical and have good numeracy skills
- Innovative thinkers
They’re looking for a wide range of skill sets and can tailor roles if you’re successful. When applying, please indicate what type of role you’d be interested in and best suited for. Typical roles and technical skill sets required on our projects include:
- Project management
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering and Building Services
- Urban design
- Stakeholder engagement and communications
- Transport planning
- Management consulting, transformation and organisational change
- Environment and ecology
- Sustainable development, climate change and energy
Only applications through Babbasa will be accepted. If you’re interested email our Placement Lead Husnaa at email@example.com with a CV and cover letter. We advise that your application is submitted at least 3 days before the deadline so we can make sure there are no mistakes and check eligibility.
Salary – £18,200 basic salary per annum pro rata (£6,067 for 4 months).
Hours: Full time or Part Time
Contract: 4 months (full time)
Deadline: 23rd August
If you’re new to Babbasa register here and our Outreach and Engagement Lead, Pravanya will be in touch about our placement programme.
If you’re already registered to Babbasa, please fill in this form to register onto the placement programme.