Full time, Permanent Role
About City of Bristol College
City of Bristol college is a further Education College in Bristol across 4 sites providing courses to all levels and a range of students.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the unlocking and locking the appropriate College centre buildings.
- Monitor and maintain security of college assets and ensuring in a safe and secure environment for all.
- Undertake a range of security, patrolling, porterage, first response maintenance and other service duties including, cleaning, litter removal, moving equipment and waste, delivering post and parcels, recycling, responding to enquiries, first call for first aid assistance, reacting to alarms and front of house welcoming and customer service duties.
- Carry out operational day to day tasks as a member of a team or individually.
- Ensure the security of buildings and rooms including alarm setting and key holding.
- Carry out emergency systems testing as required and complete reports to meet legal requirements and report defects as appropriate.
- Ensure the college is tidy and clear of rubbish, carry out emergency cleaning together with monitoring the cleanliness of rooms, toilets and common spaces
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication
- Team work
What’s in it for you?
- 26 days holiday plus the 8 bank holidays PLUS 2 weeks closure over Christmas
- Cycle to work
- Shopping discounts
- Training and induction to role
- Role: Facilities Officer
- Salary: £22,666 from May with a £2,000 sign on bonus* £1,000 on commencement with the college and £1,000 on successful completion of probation
- Contract: Full time, Permanent
- Hours: 38.75 Hours – The standard shifts are Early Shift: Monday to Thursday 6.00am -2.00pm Friday 6.00am – 12.00pm Late Shift: Monday to Thursday 2.00pm – 10.00pm Friday 12.00pm – 6.30pm Float Shift: Variable (which could be worked at any site)
- Annual Leave: 26 days + 2 weeks closure over Christmas
- Location: College Green, St Georges Road, Bristol
You must be registered with Babbasa to apply for this role. Babbasa is a Youth Empowerment Organisation who supports diverse young people to improve their wellbeing, develop new skills, become role models, and start their dream careers.
If you are already registered with Babbasa and want to apply, please send your CV to Recruitment Lead Mikhaila, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not registered with Babbasa but identify with the above, please sign up here and someone will be in touch to get you registered and support you with applying for this role.
The deadline for applications is 24th March 2023.