Full Time Role
Are you a curious and self-motivated person looking to kickstart a career in IT? Then look no further because Hargreaves Lansdown are looking for a talented young person to join them as an Associate Test Analyst! This is great for someone looking to improve their IT skills and experience what it’s like to work with a range of teams. Hargreaves Lansdown will provide you with extensive training to help you feel prepared to speak to our clients and help them with their queries.
Hargreaves Lansdown are looking for people who are:
- Curious about how things work and what can break them
- Comfortable speaking to a variety of people and asking questions
- Interested in learning and improving – on your own as well as through formal training
- Critical, and able to tell others why something is wrong
- Self-motivated and resilient
Your character is more important to than your skills, but the following would be beneficial:
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Any other computing skills
- An interest in technology
During this role you’ll be:
- Planning and writing test cases for new features and products, and then carry out the testing using appropriate tools and devices — something you will learn to do on the job.
- Receiving hands-on training, including dedicated time every week for informal learning.
Over time, depending on your skills and interests, you will also have access to formal training such as:
- An internationally recognised qualification in Software Testing.
- Basic programming in Java.
How Hargreaves Lansdown will support you:
HL supports a variety of community initiatives which a number of our team participate in:
- Internal groups such as Culture Diversity and LGBTQ
- Internal technology conferences and knowledge share sessions
- External speakers such as Pat Lam and Marvin Rees
- 2 volunteering days a year
They’re all currently working from home, and so they’ll provide you with all the equipment to carry out your job remotely. Training will be done remotely as well. If you have any questions before you apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the talent team will respond to your query.
Salary – £24,000-25,000
Hours: Full time
Contract: 6 months with potential to become full time
Deadline: 25th June
This opportunity is only available to young people registered to Babbasa’s Placement Programme. To register email Husnaa at @email@example.com to find out more about how to apply.
If you’re new to Babbasa register here and our Outreach and Engagement Lead, Pravanya will be in touch about our placement programme.
If you’re already registered to Babbasa, please fill in this form to register onto the placement programme.