6 Months Part Time – Kickstart – 25 hours per week
Do you have a keen interest in pursuing a role in the food, drink, cooking, catering and hospitality field? Are you interested in sustainability? Do you have great organisational and customer service skills?
With a strong focus on sustainability, supporting other local food organisations and generating positive social impact, Team Canteen prepare and serve delicious and nutritious food. They are looking for six young people as part of the government’s Kickstart Placement scheme to join the team and work in their professional kitchen across a range of activities including food preparation, service and events. Ongoing bespoke training will be provided as part of these opportunities. Applicants must be 18-24 and on Universal Credit. Applications must be made through the Job Centre via a DWP work coach.
What you will learn:
- Food preparation for both The Canteen and Community Ready Meals Food presentation in service
- Serving the crew food Opening and closing the kitchen and restaurant
- FOH Cleaning all aspects of The Canteen
- Kitchen Porter duties Assisting Chefs and FOH Managers as required
- Assisting with Guest Supper Clubs Running food to tables and keeping restaurant clean and tidy
- Managing recycling
- Making tea and coffee (Barista training available onsite)
- Assisting in other bars and restaurants onsite
- Assisting in partner bars or restaurants at other sites
- You will have a keen interest in the hospitality sector
- You must be on Universal Credit and aged between 18-25
- You have great customer service and communication skills
- You’re comfortable with physical work that requires lifting objects
Team Canteen are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for disabled staff. They aim to support disabled staff by making reasonable adjustments wherever possible to prevent any disadvantage. If you would like to discuss this informally and confidentially prior to making an application, please contact their Accessibility Manager – email@example.com.
Hours: 25 hours per week Tuesday – Sunday (mainly evenings and weekends)
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Start Date: 24th May 2021
Employment Term: 6 months
Location: BS9 1FG
The Kickstart roles will each report to a manager in their specific area and will also receive training as a cohort.
All applications must be made through the Job Centre via a DWP work coach.
Find out more about Team Canteen on their website: www.breakingbreadbristol.co.uk/teamcanteen
If you’re new to Babbasa register here and our Outreach and Engagement Lead, Pravanya will be in touch about our placement programme.
If you’re already registered to Babbasa, please fill in this form to register onto the placement programme.