Kickstart role, Fixed Term 6 month contract, 25 hours per week
Are you an organised, inquisitive person and want to work for an organisation who want to impact the lives of Bristol’s under-represented Youth? You could be our next Research and Impact Assistant!
Babbasa is an award-winning, Bristol-based, social enterprise with a vision to create a world where all people are inspired and able to realise their employment and enterprise ambitions, irrespective of where they live, their nationality, ethnicity, gender, race, sexuality or faith. Babbasa realises its mission through its subsidiary enterprises including Babbasa’s Youth Empowerment Programmes and Recruitment & Inclusion Services (BRIS) and our core values of Imagination, Determination and Kindness.
Babbasa supports low income and ethnic minority young people to prepare for the workplace as well as support employers to recruit diverse talent, develop cultural competencies and create inclusive work environments for all to thrive. The direct support for young people includes soft skills training, mentoring, and information and guidance support. The direct support for employers includes Recruitment, Inclusion Advisory Support, Cultural Competency Training, Research, Inclusion Needs Analysis and Onboarding Support. Over the next decade, Babbasa plans to grow its services to both young people and employers to respond to the pressing imperative to overcome the structural barriers to workforce inclusion and associated social inequalities in Bristol and beyond.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Research & Impact Assistant will support Babbasa’s Business Development. This is a great role to understand a range of business functions and to gain skills and experience for a future career in business or the charity sector.
You will be responsible for day-to-day administrative support which will include:
- Supporting the Operations team to respond to external email or phone enquiries and those from the wider Babbasa staff team
- Supporting HR processes such as recruitment, induction, arranging staff training and maintaining staff records
- Providing assistance with key finance processes, including basic introduction to book-keeping
- Provide assistance with managing and maintenance of records of stakeholders and young people using the CRM database
- Supporting business projects, tracking that project tasks have been completed with opportunities to get involved in project work
- Arranging appointments for the Chief Executive and Head of Operations and taking minutes at meetings
- Helping the Operations team to make sure the Babbasa office is stocked with necessary supplies and to manage the room bookings system
- As a member of the Babbasa Team you will also have some opportunity to get involved in the wider work of the company such as running programmes and events for young people.
You do not have to have any specific previous experience for this role but we are looking for someone who is organised, customer-focused and passionate about our core mission: ‘to inspire and support young people from ethnically diverse and less advantaged backgrounds to pursue their professional ambitions’. We believe that every young person is unique, with their own capabilities and potential for growth. This role in operations is most suitable for you if you have:
- An organised and logical approach and are careful about details
- An interest in how things work and finding ways to make processes quicker and more effective
- Computer literate with an interest in data, systems, IT and the opportunities of tech
- A ‘customer-focused’ approach and want to do a good job to support our staff and wider work
Hours: 25 hours a week
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment term: 6 months (Kickstart Programme)
- Work in an inclusive environment and supportive team who will support you to be great
- Work for one of the few organisations in the UK honoured with Queen’s Award For Enterprise
- Be part of transforming the lives of low income and ethnic minority young people in Bristol
- Help Bristol to become an inclusive city by directly working with us to address inequalities
- Have access to flexi-working arrangements
- Attend Employability Training to improve your skills for future employment
To apply follow the link below:
Please note, you need to be Universal Credit to apply for this role as it is part of the Kickstart Programme.