‘Our Bristol, Our World’ Youth Conference
To Book Please Click Here And Reserve Your Free Ticket
- Date – Tuesday 22nd October 2019
- Venue – City Hall, College Green, Bristol, BS1 5TR
- Dress Code – Smart or Smart Casual
- Registration start – 5.30pm
- Event time – 6.00pm – 9pm
- Event Type – Youth Conference
- Parking and accessibility – Venue is fully accessible. Parking including disabled parking available on College Street Car Park, with an additional large car park at ‘We The Curious’
- Food and drinks – There will be a selection of food and refreshments. Vegetarian and vegan options will be available.
What Is The ‘Our Bristol, Our World’ Youth Conference?
Our Bristol Our World will give young people from Bristol’s underrepresented communities the chance to tell city leaders about the issues that matter to them, and what they want the future of Bristol to look like.
The conference is based around the One City Plan – a new document from the government that sets out a vision for Bristol by 2050. The One City Plan will help to shape the future of our city and will impact on the lives of young people across it, so it’s vital that they have their say.
The evening will be hosted by the Babbasa Youth Ambassadors. Mayor Marvin Rees has confirmed his attendance and we look forward to confirming panellists and guests in due course. Community members, Bristol-based organisations, and industry experts are invited to listen to and discuss young people’s perspective.
The conference will be centred on four topics which are as follows:
- Our Needs, Our Aspirations: education and employment opportunities for young people.
- Our Culture, Our Politics: access to the arts, politics, and issues facing young people.
- Our Climate, Our Planet: the climate emergency in Bristol.
- Our Health, Our Wellbeing: the mental and physical health of young people in Bristol.
Following on from the evening, there will be the opportunity to join the Babbasa professional Mentoring scheme as either a mentor or mentee. The structured programme runs for a 3-month period, which includes training and guidance. Mentoring induction sessions will be available for mentors and for mentees. To find out more about our mentoring scheme, email Pravanya on email@example.com.
- What are my transport/parking options for getting to the event? – You can find out about travelling to the venue by bus on First Bus’ website here. Parking is available around the venue and in the nearby carparks on college street and We The Curious.
- Can I update my registration information? – Yes, please get in touch or log in to Eventbrite to change your details.
- What is the refund policy? – Tickets are free, but if you need to cancel please let us know.
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? – We will have a register, however, we advise that you bring your ticket so we can check you in quickly.
- How do we become an event sponsor? – If you are interested in sponsoring the event and promoting your business to local professionals, please do get in touch to discuss our bespoke sponsorship packages. As a social enterprise, the Babbasa team are committed to developing long-lasting relationships with local businesses. Please get in touch with Pravanya – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07376 428817
- Will the event be photographed/filmed? – Please note that there will be media coverage of the event which will solely b used for Babbasa purposes. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please do let our Programme Lead know by emailing email@example.comMore information about Babbasa can be found on www.babbasa.com