Full Time, Fixed Term, Permanent Role
Job Title: Service Lead (Recruitment)
Hours: 35 hours a week
Start Date: July 2022 onwards
Employment term: Permanent
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: Bristol-based at Babbasa Hub, Backfields House, Upper York Street, St Pauls, Bristol BS2 8QJ with some remote working
Babbasa is an award-winning, Bristol-based, social enterprise with a vision to create a world where all people are inspired and able to realise their employment and enterprise ambitions, irrespective of where they live, their nationality, ethnicity, gender, race, sexuality or faith. Babbasa realises its mission through its subsidiary enterprises including Babbasa’s Youth Empowerment Programmes and Recruitment & Inclusion Services (BRIS) and our core values of Imagination, Determination and Kindness.
Babbasa supports low income and ethnic minority young people to prepare for the workplace as well as support employers to recruit diverse talent, develop cultural competencies and create inclusive work environments for all to thrive. The direct support for young people includes soft skills training, mentoring, and information and guidance support. The direct support for employers includes Recruitment, Inclusion Advisory Support, Cultural Competency Training, Research, Inclusion Needs Analysis and Onboarding Support. Over the next decade, Babbasa plans to grow its services to both young people and employers to respond to the pressing imperative to overcome the structural barriers to workforce inclusion and associated social inequalities in Bristol and beyond.
The Services Lead (Recruitment) is a vital link between Babbasa corporate partners (clients) looking to recruit and candidates (aspiring young people). You will be responsible for attracting, advising and matching candidates and client companies.
- Role model the values and behaviours of Babbasa’s Manifesto during engagements
- Support the Babbasa Development Team to use sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from existing and prospective client companies
- Actively research to develop a good understanding of engaged client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment to ensure repeat business as well as inform the BRIS strategy for up-selling other BRIS services e.g EDI training, inclusion advisory etc
- Build positive relationships with engaged client companies in order to gain a better understanding of the clients’ recruitment needs and requirements
- Provide advisory support to clients where required, including supporting to draft advertising copies for use in a range of media, candidate salary levels, potential training requirements and opportunities
- Pursue a suitable list of candidates for recruitment opportunities by deploying the appropriate techniques e.g headhunting, online advertisement (social media and website), external candidate database, community channels (groups, newsletters, faith bodies etc) and via the Babbasa Services Team (internal database, outreach activities, referral etc)
- Liaise with the Services Team, in particular Placement Lead, to brief interested candidates about the opportunity as well as support where required to prepare for application and interview processes
- Liaise with the Placement Lead to screen and shortlist candidates, run final background checks where required, check references and finally match them to clients
- Liaise with the Placement Lead and client to organise interviews for candidates, inform candidates about results of interviews and/or provide successful candidate induction support where required
- Provide advisory support on onboarding, recruitment policies, career progression and candidate development plans where required, to ensure the effectiveness of client recruitment programmes
- Undertake other reasonable tasks as directed by the Service Manager
Knowledge and Experience
You have a good understanding of Service Delivery – You value the ability to deliver excellent customer service experience to make an impact. You have the ability to problem solve in a complex and rapidly changing environment. You have personal resilience and have the ability to stay focused. You are prepared to work flexibly occasionally including evenings, weekends and other unsocial hours to fulfil the needs of the service. You are consistently finding ways to improve evaluate and improve services and experiences for people.
Working with others – You love to coordinate and work with people. You always seek to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with different people at every level – e.g young people, staff, external consultants, clients, Board members and with others. You are empathetic and believe in trust building as the foundation for a successful relationship with people.
Organised – You are well-organised and have good attention to detail. By doing so, you manage your own time well and respect the time of others. You juggle multiple deadlines and have a track-record of balancing multiple tasks and responsibilities. You are meticulous and able to prioritise conflicting needs. Effective and efficient – You are constantly reflecting on working practices and improving where necessary. A completer-finisher – you are able to work to deadlines, take initiative and are proactive in your approach to work. You create change that benefits all and is aligned with organisational strategy.
You’re aligned with our mission – You have lived experience and/or an understanding of the critical issues surrounding equality, inclusion and diversity, including structural issues around race and class, and how they impact young people with specific reference to their leadership and employability experiences. You believe that, with the right support, everyone has potential to achieve excellence, whatever that means for them.
Skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong business development skills: sales, negotiations and stewarding people
- Ability to spot and maximise commercial opportunities
- Excellent organisation skills: meet deadlines, targets and effective time management
- Strong team working skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions under pressure
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Great attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Work in an inclusive environment and supportive team who will support you to be great
- Have the opportunity to demonstrate your enterprise skills being part of the development of a new business unit
- Work for one of the few organisations in the UK honoured with Queen’s Award For Enterprise
- Be part of transforming the lives of low income and ethnic minority young people in Bristol
- Help Bristol to become an inclusive city by directly working with us to address inequalities
- Have access to flexi-working arrangements
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- 3% employer pension contribution
- Access to flexi-working arrangements
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme